The traditional company Schake GmbH was founded as a blacksmith and cart smithy by Johann Schake in Wetter Volmarstein in 1908. The manufacture of building hardware started already in the early years of the company. The founder’s son, Alfred Schake, took over the firm in 1938 and expanded the smithy and the manufacture of accessory items for the installation of water hydrants. In the early 1960s the sons reorganized the traditional company and focused on the production of building equipment and blocking technology.
For many years, the firm was managed and expanded as a family enterprise by the grandsons of the founder. The fourth generation took over in 2008 and continues the successful combination of tradition and progress.
The Company’s name is a synonym of progress, customer focus and quality. After 50 years, the company moved from Wetter to a new site in Gevelsberg, where the production area was expanded. The sites in Gevelsberg were maintained for almost 30 years, until 1990. In that year, the whole firm moved once more, to Hagen because there was a chance of using further production and warehousing areas.